The global antifog additives market share was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 3 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 7.0%.
Antifog additives market share are organic compounds that tend to reduce the surface tension of water and thereby prevent droplets from forming on the plastic surface. Fogging is the phenomenon of condensation of water vapor on the surface of the packaging material in the form of tiny discrete droplets. Antifog Additives help prevent fog formation in plastic films, primarily seen in agricultural and food packaging applications.
Antifog coatings are applied to the surface of the plastic sheet or film. These external coatings work similarly to the internal additives in that they help decrease the surface tension between the water droplets and the material’s surface, resulting in improved transparency. This is one of the major driving factors in the antifog additives market share.
The competitive landscape offers an analysis of the key developments by the companies operating in the market worldwide. Key companies operating in the global ecosystem are highly innovative in terms of product innovation, product positioning, research development activities, expansion strategies and more.
The Antifog additives market share is driven by the rising development in the food processing and packaging sectors. Due to strategic innovations, such as product launches and enhanced RD development operations in developing markets, the antifog additives market share is strengthening. North America is leading the market, followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe. The main factors driving the antifog additives market share are the cost-effective additive manufacturing and enhanced food and packaging sector demand. However, factors such as strict public regulations and plastic-related environmental issues are anticipated to limit the development of the antifog additives market share during the forecast period. LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Croda International PLC, Emery Oleochemicals, Avient, DuPont, PolyOne Corporation, A. Schulman, Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Clariant AG, Evonik Industries, Ashland Inc., Corbion N.V.are some of the companies which are leading in Antifog market.
- Glycerol Esters: Glycerol Esters has three hydroxyl groups,in which one, two or three groups can be esterified by fatty acids to form monoglycerides, diglycerides, and triglycerides. The ester functional group gives a hydrophilic end, and the fatty acid chain offers a lipophilic part.
- Polyglycerol Ester: Polyglycerol esters are a class of food emulsifiers used extensively within the food industry because of their amphiphilic nature in various types of food. The corresponding polyglycerol esters are produced from polyglycerol and fatty acids in the direct esterification of triglycerides and polyglycerol
- Sorbitan Esters of fatty acids: Sorbitan esters are nonionic emulsifiers that stabilize W/O emulsions. Together with ethoxylated derivatives, they can act as O/W emulsifiers in formulations. The ethoxylated sorbitan esters (polysorbates) are more hydrophilic and have good solubilizing properties.
- Ethoxylated Sorbitan Esters: Ethoxylated sorbitan ester is chemically a surfactant used in the preparation of emulsion, creams, soaps, and ointments in the pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries.
- Agricultural Films: Antifog Additives are a barrier in agricultural applications, reducing water dripping and improving light transmission rates, effectively increasing crop yield.
- Food Packaging: The antifog additive enhances product appeal and shelf life in food packaging. When food is packed in a film where water droplets can form, it will aid in damaging produce, and the presence of water will allow the produce to rot.
- Others: Antifog agents are primarily available in the form of creams, gels, ideally coatings are applied during the time of the manufacturing processes itself. Antifog Additives can be added to plastics from where they can move out from the inner side of the plastic.
- North America: North America is expected to be a potential market in the future due to the increased knowledge regarding the use of antifog additives to maintain the quality of processed food.
- Europe: The antifog additives market share is a growing market driven by the rising development in food processing and packaging in Europe. Due to strategic innovations such as product launches and enhanced RD operations in developing markets, the antifog additives market share is strengthening.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific holds the largest market share, with the highest demand coming from India, China, and Japan. The packaging used in the food processing industry is highly susceptible to fog formation. Due to the increased demand for packaged food in countries like India and China, antifog additives are expected to increase in Asia.
- Latin America: The growing demand is due to the rise in industrialization and increasing government investments in significant countries.
- Middle East Africa: In the region of Middle East and Africa raw materials are easily available to manufacturers and also enables easy supply to consumers in Saudi Arabia and expand its global network with a stronger position in the Middle East Africa, one of the significant growth markets for plastic applications.
Access Full Report: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/antifog-additives-market-10140
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071