Writing a personal statement for medical school is another most difficult task in the med school admission process after a personal interview. Here is all that you must know about writing a personal statement.
Bookmark this blog to learn to select a topic for a personal statement, highlight your strongest qualities in it, outline your passions and the submission process. With that being said, here is an ultimate guide to medical school personal statements.
Writing a Med School Personal Statement
Before you begin to write your personal statement, it is important to recall your goal—keeping the readers engaged.
- The readers here are the medical school interviewers. Hence developing all the qualities that you would want to demonstrate in the statement is important. You should also think of various stations that highlight all the qualities mentioned in your personal statement.
- Gor through various samples for medical school personal statement presented online but do not run behind finding a perfect topic. Every topic can be made to stand out depending on how you choose to write it. Most of the students find it difficult to choose a topic. Do not let the myth of ‘perfect topic’ empower you. Instead write on a topic and link it to medicine.
- Start with your greatest qualities. Tell the readers about your personal traits, attitude etc. After you are done choosing three or four qualities, elaborate them in your personal statement. Take help from different guides to demonstrate your selected qualities within the personal statement.
- It is important to understand when and where you should demonstrate the qualities shortlisted. Avoid relating everything with your clinical experiences. Many students start their personal statements with essays describing research or clinical experiences. In order to stand out, start with something else like your last travel trip, family time, work etc.
- Always prefer describing your events as a story. Most of the essays are dry. They have nothing special in them. In order to grab admission officers attention is to develop an event into a story. That way the reader will stick till the end. Every other personal statement medical school guide you see, will teach you the same. The best way to pull off a personal statement is by keeping the readers engaged till the end.
- Demonstrate all your qualities through an engaging story. Go through as many medical school personal statement examples for 2022 admissions as you can.
You have spent hours preparing for your medical school application, passed MCAT with flying scores and even nailed in your undergraduate scores. Now is the time to achieve all that you deserve. Follow the ultimate guide for medical school personal statement 2022 admissions and become a part of your desired med school!