Welcome to the Ekcochat site, a web resource that helps you stay in touch with your old and new friends. The Ekcochat site (ekcochat.com) (herein after – the Site) is a Social network project uniting people on the basis of education or employment places.
The Site administration offers you the Site services on the conditions being the subject of these Ekcochat Terms of Service. In this connection, you should familiarize yourself carefully with the conditions of these Terms which the Site Administration regards as a public offer
- 1.1. The Ekcochat site (or the Site) is the internet resource consisting of a set of (a) computer programs (software code running on a computer) and (b) the information (content) placed in them by the Administration and / or users. The Ekcochat Site is maintained in an information system that provides the access to the aforesaid information in Internet when addressed by the domain name https://ekcochat.com (including all levels of the specified domain functioning on the moment of adoption of these Terms by the User as well as added after that).
- 1.2. Non-activated data and commands are data and commands and generated audiovisual displays allowing to increase the amount of virtual property used in the framework of the functionality of the Site. The conditions the User is granted the rights to use non-activated data and commands by Administration are defined by the License Agreement, the current version of which is freely available on the Internet at: https://ekcochat.com/, and which is concluded by the Site Administration with the User.
- 2.1. These Ekcochat Terms of Service (hereinbefore and hereinafter the Terms) have been developed by the Site Administration and determine the terms of Site use and development conditions as well as the rights and obligations of its Users and Administration. The Terms cover also the relations regarding rights and interests of the third parties which are not Site Users but whose rights and interests may be affected as the result of Site Users’ actions.
- 2.2. These Terms are the legally binding agreement between the User and the Site Administration whereby the Site Administration provides services for the User regarding the use of the Site and its services (hereinafter the Services). In addition to these Terms, the agreement between the User and the Site Administration includes all special documents that regulate the provision of individual Site services and are posted in the relevant Site sections on the Internet.
- 2.3. The User is obliged to be fully aware of these Terms before registering at the Site. The User’s registration at the Site means full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms by the User in accordance with Article of the International Civil Code.
- 2.4. The Site Administration may make changes and/or additions to these Terms unilaterally without any special notification. These Terms are an open document accessible to the general public. The current version of the Terms is available on the Internet at https://www.ekcochat.com/terms/privacy-policy. The Site Administration recommends that the Users check the conditions of these Terms regularly for changes and/or additions. The continuation of use of the Site by the User after changes and/or additions are made to these Terms will mean the User’s agreement with and acceptance of such changes and/or additions.
- 3.1. The Site Administration is the owner of all rights in the Site on the whole and all rights to use the web address (domain name) https://ekcochat.com. The Site Administration makes the Site available to all persons concerned in accordance with these Terms and effective international legislation.
- 3.2. These Terms establish conditions in accordance with which the rights to use information and intellectual activity results (including, without limitation, literary, musical, audio and visual works and sound records, graphic and design works, photo works, software) within individual sections of the Site may belong to the Site Users and other persons which have independently created and/or posted these items on the Site without direct participation of the Side Administration.
- 4.1. In these Terms and other special documents, the Ekcochat Site Administration (hereinafter the Site Administration, Administration) is understood as, a legal entity created under the International law.
- 4.2. The applications, suggestions and claims of individuals and legal entities to the Site Administration in connection with these Terms and all issues regarding the Site operation, infringement of rights and interests of third parties in the process of its use as well as the inquiries of the persons authorized.
- 4.3. As regards the Site operation and development, the Administration abides by effective International legislation, other applicable/relevant legislation, these Terms and other special documents which were or may be developed and adopted by the Site Administration in order to regulate the provision of individual Site services to the Users.
- 4.4. No provisions of these Terms grant the User the right to use the brand name, trademarks, domain name or other distinctive marks of the Site Administration. The right to use the brand name, trademarks, domain names and other distinctive marks of the Site Administration may be granted only as agreed in writing with the Site Administration.
- 5.2. The Site User is the individual which is registered at the Site according to the procedure set by these Terms, reached the sufficient age for such registration under the applicable laws and/or has all necessary consents (e.g. parental consents) in full compliance with the applicable laws, including for purposes of data protection laws and has the relevant powers (hereinbefore and hereinafter the User).
- 5.3. When registering at the Site the User must provide the Site Administration with the necessary true and updated information to form the User’s personal page, including the User’s unique login and the password for access to the Site as well as the User’s first and last names. The User may be requested to provide additional information in the Site registration form.
- 5.4. The User bears liability for ensuring that the information provided at the time of registration is true, up to date, complete, consistent with Russian legislation, other applicable/relevant legislation and free from third parties’ claims.
- 5.5. After submitting the information specified in clause 5.3 hereof, the User has to complete a number of authentification procedures, namely: (a) confirm the registration by recognizing an automated text to tell computers and humans apart (CAPTCHA); (b) confirm his/her registration by entering a code in a special Site form, the code is sent via email by the Site Administration. In case the whole sequence of the registration actions is completed successfully, the User’s personal page with the network address is created at the Site. In case a breach of these conditions is detected, the Site Administration has the right to prohibit the User from using his/her account and, among other things on the Site.
- 5.6. By registering at the Site the Site User confirms that his age is sufficient for such registration under the applicable laws and/or he has all necessary consents (e.g. parental consents) in full compliance with the applicable laws, including for purposes of data protection laws, otherwise the registration at the Site and its using is prohibited. By registering the User accepts these Terms and assumes the rights and obligations thereunder regarding the use and operation of the Site. The User understands the necessity of receiving from the Site Administration some technical information in connection with the use of the Site by means of services of the Site, electronic mails, sms and confirms his/her approval for such possible technical notifications. The User also approves to receive different types of informational mailings, including advertising and informational content, including from the Site Administration and third-partners by means of the internal Site’s functionality. The User gets full access to the use of the Site functionality (its data and commands), except for the non-activated data and commands, provided that the personal page is more than thirty per cent filled. The right to use the Site non-activated data and commands is granted to the User providing that the User meets the provisions of the License Agreement.
- 5.7. After the successful registration of the User at the Site the Site Administration assumes the rights and obligations to the User as provided in these Terms.
- 5.8. The User's personal data are processed according to the applicable/relevant legislation. The Administration of the Site processes the User's personal data in order to provide to the latter access to the services of the Site, including targeted advertisements to the User; checking, examining and analyzing such data in order to maintain and improve the Site services and sections as well as to develop new Site services and sections. The Site Administration takes all necessary measures to protect the User’s personal data from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or destruction. The Site Administration makes the User’s personal data available only to those employees, contractors and agents of the Site Administration which need this information to ensure the Site operation and provision of Services to the User. The information provided by the User, including personal data, may be used by the Site Administration to ensure compliance with the requirements of effective legislation, other applicable/relevant legislation, as well as to transfer it to the third-parties in order to protect right and interests of the Users, the Site Administration and third-parties (including in order to prevent, control/investigate and/or suppress illegal actions). The information provided by the User may be disclosed only in accordance with effective International legislation on the demand of the court, law-enforcement bodies as well as in other cases as provided by International legislation. As the Administration of the Site processes the User’s personal data for the performance of these Terms, no User’s consent to the processing of his/her personal data is required according to the legislative provisions on personal data.
- 5.9. The login and password chosen by the User are the necessary and sufficient information for the User’s access to the Site. The User does not have the right to transfer his/her login and password to third parties and bears full responsibility for their confidentiality, choosing himself / herself the method of their storage. Using his / her hardware and software the User may permit storage of the login and password (through cookies) for subsequent automatic authorization on the Site.
- 5.10. Unless the User proves otherwise, any actions taken with the use of his/her login and password are deemed to have been taken by the User. In case of unauthorized access to the User’s login and password and/or personal page or dissemination of the User’s login and password, the User is obliged to notify the Site Administration immediately according to the established procedure.
- 5.11. After registration the User obtains the right to create, use and determine independently for personal purposes the content of his/her own personal page and conditions for other Users’ access to its content as well as the ability to access and post information on the personal pages of other Users (subject to obtaining relevant access rights from their owners), use the Ekcochat social widgets on third-party sites without additional authorization. When the User uses social widgets, the User's login and password as well as his/her data protected by the privacy settings are not transferred to third-party sites.
- 5.12. As the owner of the information posted on his/her own personal page, the User understands that, except as provided by these Terms and effective International legislation, the Site Administration does not participate in forming and using the content and controlling other users’ access to the User’s personal page. Publishing any content on his / her own personal page including personal information the User understands and accepts that this information may be available to other Internet users taking into account the architecture and functionality of the Site.
- 5.13. Creation and use of Communities
- 5.13.1. The User has the right to create Communities (groups, public pages and meetings) to inform other Users about events, meetings, commercial and non-profit organizations (as charitable organizations), its creation and activities, other interesting content to Users (hereinafter Discussion items) and/or possible further discussion of them with other Users (including creation of fan clubs, exchange of opinions, references and etc.). While informing and discussing the Discussion items in the Communities Users must observe current international legislation, publish the information that meets the requirements of these terms, esthetic norms and moral principles related to those at the opinion of the Site Administration.
- 5.13.2. When creating and administering the Community, including in case of registration of the sub-domain name used for directing to the Community page, the User confirms that he/she acts on lawful grounds (e.g., on